Kambo contains many compounds that interact with the human body in various ways. These include specific alkaloids that are not found in any other natural substance. There are also steroids, amines, proteins, and especially peptides. Peptides are short chains of amino acids, the same building blocks that in longer chains form proteins. Most of the body's communication systems - hormones, neurotransmitters, etc. - are peptides. A bioactive peptide is a peptide that interacts with specific organs or systems in the body and cause specific and beneficial effects.
The full assay of bioactive peptides present in Kambo is still being researched and discovered. Among the peptides we have isolated so far that have strong positive effects on the body's functions are:
- Phyllocaerulein - Causes smooth muscle contraction, temporary reduction of blood pressure, and nausea, among other reactions.
- Phyllokinin - Causes longer lasting reduction in blood pressure.
- Phyllomedusin - A powerful vasodilator that also activates the salivary glands, tear ducts, and lower digestive tract. Stimulates purging and causes the "rushing" or "pounding" sensation often experienced in Kambo treatments.
- Phyllolitorin, [Leu8] Phyllolitorin, Rohdei-Litorin - Stimulates smooth muscle contraction and active in the central and peripheral nervous systems.
- Dermorphin - Interacts strongly with the mu-type opioid receptors, causing strong alagesic effects without triggering any systems associated with addiction.
- Tryptophyllins - We are still learning how these peptides interact with the body.
- Dermaseptin - Triggers antimicrobial response, helping the body combat bacteria, yeast, fungi, protozoa, and enveloped viruses.
- Adenoregulin - Has been shown to be effective in killing cnacer cells.
- Deltorphin - Has a strong affinity for delta opioid receptor sites, which can help reduce physical dependency and response to opioids.
* Please note that while these peptides have been isolated and researched, none of the benefits are guaranteed by treatment with Kambo.